Thursday, December 23, 2004

Lazy Sir and C#

I remember when I first REALLY started programming in C#. There is nothing like learning a new language and feeling like you get it. I mean you really get it. Instead of trying to figure out how to make "Hello World" appear, you are doing useful projects and are able to figure out how things work.

Normally when in this state you are on guard against the Evil Lazy Bug. You are using the correct and exacting naming standards. You comment everything. You might even generate JavaDoc type documentation for your project. Eventually, usually, familiarity breads contempt and you get a little lax. Well I decided to tighten up again and in doing so I started reviewing the C# programming standards. I found a great article from Lance on Microsoft.Net outlining what the standards are. I am not going to bore you with the details, but go ahead and download the PDF. It is VERY comprehensive and probably deals with ALOT of things you will not hit every day. However having said that it is very good and brings together alot of different information Microsoft makes available in a hundred different locations.
Hope you enjoy it!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home